All new students must submit an application form available from the registrar's office along with a non refundable $50.00 application fee. All letters of inquiry and application information should be sent to:
Greater New York Academy
41-32 58th Street
Woodside, NY 11377
Applications will be considered when all of the following have been received:
- Completed application form with appropriate fee.
- Transcripts of credits earned in other secondary schools or eighth grade diploma and report card.
- Students must request their previous school to forward this information to Greater New York Academy.
- Recommendation forms from two responsible people (previous principal, teacher, church pastor) mailed directly to the Registrar of Greater New York Academy.
- Immunization records
- Physical examinations (all new students)
- Medical release form (signed by parent)
- TB Mantoux Test results (Required of all first- time secondary school entrants in NYC)
Important Note: Apply well in advance of registration. A faculty admission committee must evaluate all applications before notification of acceptance can be sent. Application and acceptance are required of each student before registration for classes may be completed.
All students must register on or before the date indicated in the school calendar. Those who register late may not be able to carry a full class load.