Greater New York Academy of Seventh-Day Aventist

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
About Us » Our History

Our History

The Greater New York Academy was founded in 1920 as a non-boarding high school for the purpose of providing Christian education for the youth of the Greater New York Conference of Seventh-day Adventists. It is one of many secondary schools operated by this denomination for the purpose of furnishing the opportunity to obtain a Christian education under the most favorable circumstances. During its history the Academy was located at several places in the city. However, in 1944 the Greater New York Conference purchased a building in Woodside which serves as the present home of the Academy.